Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I love my husband.

So right now the stages that the girls are in effect Mars and I in completely different ways.

I find Jane's stage right now completely endearing. She is using logic more and more, she wants to talk all the time, she likes to snuggle in bed, she likes routine, she is very funny, and is quickly becoming her own little person (and a very smart one at that). She says things like "But mama, I was thinking..." and "Um, so ... how are you?" She enjoys running errands, and going to new places, and she is very polite in public most of the time. Yes, she still throws tantrums sometimes, she runs away from you at inopportune times, and she tends to use a whiny voice when she wants to get her way. She is still a 2 year old. But I love hanging out this this ever developing family member. Mars on the other hand finds her logic newly manipulative, and the whining and constant talking a bit grating.

Macy and I on the other hand are having a harder time. She is a very demanding 5 month old. She likes being held ALL THE TIME, she is hard to put down. She is still waking up a couple times a night, and she is quick to temper, especially if it is about her bottle or being put down to play by herself. And I swear I find her so exhausting right now. She cries in the car seat, she cries in the ergo carrier, she cries in the swing, and she cries in the bouncer. She can finally roll one direction (back to stomach) but once she gets there she is mad, and then cries some more. She has been sick on and off (more on than off, by far) for nearly two months, and she doesn't seem happy most of the time. She is probably teething and has a rash on her face, and she doesn't like having her picture taken. If you are holding her, she is squirming and wants to be adjusted every several minutes. If you put her down, she is only happy if you are sitting right next to her staring at her. She has not developed any ability to soothe herself. And mostly she just wants to have a bottle, and you can see from prior blogs what an experience that is. I did an experiment the other day. I gave her a 6 oz bottle, and 40 minutes later she was fussing, and I gave her another bottle, and she drank all 6 ozs of that, and still cried when it was done. I swear she just seems never happy, and I have no idea what is wrong most of the time. Arg!

Ah, but the joy of a two parent household. Mars and Macy totally connect right now, he says that sleep and food make him pissed-off too, so he seems to get her. She likes his patience to sit and do the same thing all the time. She seems to respond to his love of staying around the house, and since he is just plain stronger than I am, he seems to lug around her 15 pound body with more ease.

I feel bad about this some of the time, but I know this hasn't always been true, and the tides will change again soon enough, and I for one am reminded how wonderful my husband is, and how glad I am that there are two of us doing this.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! Your card was great. They are getting so big. We were slackers in terms of Christmas cards this year. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete